Friday, November 15, 2019

Boa at The Canyons

A couple of days ago, from the Murdock side of things, I saw that Boa had a compelling white cover, to see those pictures click here and scroll down to the last two pics. Now, from a distance, snow covers often look a heck of a lot better than up close. So, before I lug my skis all the way up there, I figured I invest in a hike and check it out up close. I hiked up under the lift and walked down Boa. And sure enough, it was a mixed bag. Although some parts were 1.5 feet deep others had very little snow. I decided to wait to ski it till next snowfall which hopefully is no more than a week or two out. Here are the pictures (click to enlarge):

Had to take this one from the very bottom at a little past 7.

On Upper Boa: I obviously got beaten to it.

Looking up its clear that in this season aspect is everything.

Looking down towards Lower Boa.

This is where you end up if you ski down Renny's Ridge,
the white stuff at the very top.

Not all that bad but the snow is in pretty bad shape so
another shot of snow is required to make this fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment