Friday, January 6, 2017

Ski in - Ski out in Old Town Park City

Today I got to ski back all the way home from the resort. When the winter is normal (not like the last five seasons) a lot of Old Town Park City homes become ski in - ski out properties. Lucky for me: 1) I live in higher Old Town Park City, and 2) this is a normal Wasatch winter. If I ski out high from the Quittin Time slope and bank a hard right high up on it, I end up high on King road. From there all I have to do is ski down the road (there are always snow banks on each side) then take a left turn (see first picture below) and end up on the other side of the road from my drive way.

Here are the pictures (click to enlarge):

Sharp left turn down to lower King rd and continue skiing till
under the large evergreen (picture taken from my front porch).

Looking up Treasure Hill, the hill that the Park City ski resort is on. This is
the "backside" from the resort's perspective. If you look up the hill you see...

...a guy skinning up (mega zoom), would he continue to the top he'd end up
at the top station of the Park City resort Payday lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment