Monday, November 16, 2009

BC Rendez-vous at Alta

Yesterday (November 15) I went back up to Alta to reap the benefits of the last storm. Judging from the up traffic it was clear that although I may have been solo, I wasn’t alone. My guess would be that no less than 300 people were on Baldy yesterday. By the time I left at about 3 pm the parking lot was almost full.


Snow conditions were beyond good. From about 9,600 and up there was about 7 – 8 inches of really light powder on bomber proof (as in no avy issues) crust; in short the snow was amazing (minus the rocks but they were a lot fewer than lately)! For the first time this season I saw signatures on the Sugarloaf side. They started from above the Sugarloaf top station skiing down and under the lift and continued down towards the Albion base. It seems pretty certain that Alta is not going have to take any of those Thanksgiving cancellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment