Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pre-season fling with Lady Morgan


I was back out for yet another pre-season workout starting from Empire Lodge at deer Valley. I met James Dumas and took a picture of his turns (see below). The main characteristic about the snowpack today is wind-affected! The good news is that there is nothing wrong with the quantity. I went up with Skadi who had her first tour in two weeks as she has been recovering from a gash she took here two weeks ago. I went up to Empire Express and dropped into PCMR’s Tycoon run which I skied for a few hundred yards then dropped back into Deer Valley and crossed over to Morgan Express and back down to the Lodge. After that I did the regular skin up veering left from the parking lot and up Empire bowl by the ridgeline.
Here are the pictures (click to enlarge):
James' beautiful turns
Daley's are filling in.

Skadi: I'm back!

And the close-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment